When you get behind the wheel of a new Chevrolet car, truck, or SUV, you’ll gain access to the convenient HomeLink® system. If this is the first time you’ve heard of it, you may be wondering, what is HomeLink®? Built into most new Chevy models, HomeLink® is a wireless control system that allows Eugene drivers to perform the following actions:
- Open/close garage doors and automatic gates
- Turn on/turn off interior and exterior house lights
- Turn on/turn off home security systems or other appliances and electronic systems
Discover all that HomeLink® has to offer to Cottage Grove drivers with the team at Clint Newell Chevrolet, below!
What Are the Perks of HomeLink®?
The HomeLink® system offers up a number of enticing perks for Sutherlin-area drivers. Take a look at how it can make your days simpler and more hassle-free:
- Simple to Use: Designed with convenience in mind, connecting HomeLink® to your vehicle for the first time is as simple as pressing a few buttons. (We’ll tell you how to program HomeLink® in detail in the next section.)
- Compatibility: HomeLink® can be connected to just about all garage door openers and automatic gate systems, plus a range of other radio-frequency (RF) controlled devices.
- Control Up to Three Devices: HomeLink® is discreetly integrated right into your Chevrolet interior and allows you to connect it to up to three separate devices.
- Safety & Security: Most compatible garage door openers will communicate with HomeLink® to alert you if you accidentally leave your garage door open. Providing even more peace of mind, you can also use the system to control your home security system and house lights.
- Battery-Free: There’s no need to worry about charging batteries for HomeLink® to keep it working, as the feature is entirely powered by your Chevy’s electrical system.
Programming HomeLink®: a Step-by-Step Guide
Need help programming the HomeLink® system in Coos Bay? This simple task can be completed in just four easy steps. Learn more with the team at Clint Newell Chevrolet, below!
- Your HomeLink® unit is equipped with three buttons that are typically found on the ceiling of your Chevy, just above the center console by your rearview mirror. To get started, press and hold the first and third buttons simultaneously until your car’s interior lights start flashing (this can take up to 20 seconds). Note: Pressing the first and third buttons also acts as the master reset, so you will not need to repeat this step when connecting your second and third devices in the future.
- Once your ceiling lights have begun to flash, press and hold the HomeLink® button you wish to program while also holding down the open/close button on your garage door opener remote. Your interior lights should switch from a slow to rapid flash, telling you that the programming is complete.
- Go into your garage and press the “learn” button on the main garage door opener. (The location may vary across systems, but is most often found near the unit’s antenna.
- Step back into your vehicle and press the newly programmed HomeLink® button for at least two seconds. The lights on your garage door opener unit may flash, indicating that it is connecting.
Explore More Chevrolet Tech Features at Clint Newell Chevrolet
If you require the help of an experienced professional when programming HomeLink® or if you simply have some remaining questions about the system, don’t hesitate to contact us or stop by in Roseburg to learn more! Our Chevrolet service techs can answer all your questions about how to use Chevy tech features.
More on Chevrolet Models
The 2020 Chevrolet Traverse is out on Roseburg area streets, and industry experts simply can’t get enough of this capable three-row SUV! Find out what they have to say about its luxurious interior, exclusive features, and more before you get behind the wheel of a new2020 Chevy Traverse at Clint Newell Chevrolet when you check out the…
Driving a Chevy Corvette in Eugene? If so, you’re already well aware of the thrilling sport performance it churns out. However, you may be wondering if it’s possible to bring that performance up a notch. At Clint Newell Chevrolet, the answer is yes! With the Corvette parts and Corvette accessories available through our service department, you can…
Have you recently settled on the 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 as your trusted new coworker on Eugene job sites? You may be wondering, what is the bed size of a Chevy Silverado? The answer depends on which configuration you choose – explore all of your options for new Silverado bed sizes with Clint Newell Chevrolet before stopping…